Fans of the blockbuster television series Farscape will have much to cheer about this fall as a brand-new bonus-packed 15th Anniversary Edition will be launched into retail stores November 5, 2013, in both Blu-ray and DVD formats. 20 Blu-ray discs feature 88 complete and unedited episodes from the four-season run (1999-2003).
To enhance the collectability and celebrate the series’ 15th Anniversary, Cinedigm partnered with comic publisher, Archaia Entertainment, to include a 16-page mini comic book created by the same team that made Jim Henson’s acclaimed graphic novel Tale of Sand. Based on the prequel Peacekeeper Wars, the comic is written and illustrated by Eisner Award-winning artist Ramón Pérez (including all new cover art), colored by Ian Herring and lettered by Deron Bennett. It also includes select images from The Jim Henson Company’s archive and an exclusive interview with Brian Henson revealing never-before-shared facts about the Farscape Legacy.
Hailed by TV Guide as one of the 25 Best Cult TV Shows, Farscape was nominated for a Primetime Emmy®. Winner of two prestigious Saturn Awards from The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, FARSCAPE was the first original series aired on the Sci-Fi Channel and gained an enormous amount of fans.—The show’s success propelled ancillary products such as comics, games, a novel and magazine.
Follow John Crichton and the crew of Moya on a journey to places they never dreamed possible. Sizzling with brilliant characters, breathtaking effects, high-stakes action, and irreverent humor, FARSCAPE is like no science fiction before. It is a story of good versus evil, obsession, friendship, and even love. The unpredictable twists and turns of this international TV hit will keep you riveted and cheering for more.
The Blu-ray includes:
- 20 Blu-ray discs featuring 88 complete and unedited episodes from the four-season run (1999-2003), re-mastered from the highest quality source material available
- Collectible packaging features a sleek artwork redesign
- 29 Episode Commentaries, including “Premiere” with Rockne S. O’Bannon, Brian Henson and Ben Browder; “Jeremiah Crichton” with Claudia Black, Producer/Writer David Kemper, Browder and O’Bannon; “Bone to Be Wild” with Anthony Simcoe; “Relativity” with Lani Tupu (Crais/Voice of Pilot) and Director Peter Andrikidis; and, “Bad Timing” which features Browder, Black and Kemper discussing the series’ final episode.
- Documentary – “Memories of Moya: An Epic Journey” featuring revealing new interviews with the cast and creators.
- Multiple featurettes and documentaries including “In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson”; “Making of a Space Opera” and “Inside Farscape: Save Farscape,” in which fans, cast and crew discuss the fate of their beloved series.
- Multiple video profiles featuring archival clips and cast/crew discussing their characters and roles on Farscape.
- Over 90 minutes of deleted scenes.
- Slideshows and archival photo galleries, including character concepts and promo photos.
- Production design galleries featuring screenshots, rough drafts and concept slide shows.
- Behind-the-Scenes interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, Paul Goddard (Stark), Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) and more.
- Original TV promos and trailers
The DVD includes:
- 27 DVD’s featuring 88 complete and unedited episodes from the four-season run (1999-2003), re-mastered from the highest quality source material available
- NEW TO THE DVD: “Memories of Moya” documentary, previously only featured on the Blu-ray release
- “Farscape Undressed”: The home-video premiere of the rarely seen, long-sought-after never released before behind-the-scenes special
- Three archival documentaries: “In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson,” “Making of a Space Opera,” and “Season Three: A Look Back with Executive Producer David Kemper”
- Three “Inside Farscape” featurettes: Villains, Visual Effects, and Save Farscape
- 31 audio commentaries
- Deleted scenes, director’s cut scenes, and an alternate version of the season 2 premiere
- Behind-the-scenes interviews with the characters, cast, and creative team of Farscape
- “Listening in with composer Guy Gross” featurettes for 12 episodes
- Original TV promos and more