The net is already lit up with news surrounding DC Comics’ upcoming Before Watchmen comic series. DC Entertainment’s official blog lists the writers and artists on the series as Brian Azzarello (100 Bullets), Lee Bermejo (Joker), Amanda Conner (Power Girl), Darwyn Cooke (Justice League: New Frontier), John Higgins (Watchmen), Adam Hughes (Catwoman), J.G. Jones (Final Crisis), Andy Kubert (Flashpoint), Joe Kubert (SGT. ROCK), Jae Lee (Batman: Jekyll and Hyde), J. Michael Straczynski (Superman: Earth One) and Len Wein (Swamp Thing).
DC Comics’ Before Watchmen includes:
- RORSCHACH (4 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: Lee Bermejo
- MINUTEMEN (6 issues) – Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke
- COMEDIAN (6 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: J.G. Jones
- DR. MANHATTAN (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artist: Adam Hughes
- NITE OWL (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert
- OZYMANDIAS (6 issues) – Writer: Len Wein. Artist: Jae Lee
- SILK SPECTRE (4 issues) – Writer: Darwyn Cooke. Artist: Amanda Conner
- Each week, a new issue will be released, and will feature a two-page back-up story called CURSE OF THE CRIMSON CORSAIR, written by original series editor Len Wein and with art by original series colorist John Higgins. There will also be a single issue, BEFORE WATCHMEN: EPILOGUE, featuring the work of various writers and artists, and a CRIMSON CORSAIR story by Wein and Higgins.
Below is a gallery of additional covers I found from around the net from Before Watchmen.
USA Today: RORSCHACH – Interview with writer Brian Azzarello
LA Times Hero Complex: MINUTEMEN – Interview with writer/artist Darwyn Cooke
The New York Times: THE COMEDIAN – Interview with writer Brian Azzarello
Entertainment Weekly: SILK SPECTRE – Interview with writer Darwyn Cooke
The Hollywood Reporter: NITE OWL – Interview with writer J. Michael Straczynski
Wired: OZYMANDIAS – Interview with writer Len Wein
Comic Book Resources: DR. MANHATTAN – Interview with writer J. Michael Straczynski
Associated Press: CURSE OF THE CRIMSON CORSAIR – Interview with writer Len Wein and artist John Higgins